Thursday 7 December 2017

Review - Winter by Marissa Meyer

13206900

Winter by Marissa Meyer
Published 12th November 2015 by Puffin
Goodreads Challenge - 81/50
Star Rating - *****

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mark her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend--the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't as weak as Levana believes her to be and she's been undermining her stepmother's wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that's been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters? Fans will not want to miss this thrilling conclusion to Marissa Meyer's national bestselling Lunar Chronicles series.

My Thoughts

So, I finally finished this series and what an absolutely fantastic conclusion it was! As with my reviews on the other books in the series I won't go into the synopsis of this one as it's the 4th book. I will say however, as with the other books, this is also a fairy tale retelling, this time of Snow White.

This book was completely action packed and full of adventure. There were some tense moments as well as some emotional times and even some points that made me laugh out loud. I loved being back with all of the characters, even Scarlet, who is my least favorite. It was great seeing more of Winter in this book too, she was a great character with such a likeable personality and, even with her flaws, she is determined and knows what she believes in. The plot moved quickly there wasn't any point in which I found the story dragging which is saying something as this is a 800 page book. Even though this story was fast paced I still took my time with it. I was really able to savior the story which was great. I felt like the story flowed well. Just when we got to the peak in one characters story we moved onto another. Just as we thought everyone was back together something went awry and this really kept the story moving. Even as the story got to it's peak you still weren't sure if everyone was going to get their happy ending.

There's not much more I can say about this one without spoiling the story so I'll just leave things there in the hope that you will experience for yourself just how wonderful this series is. Even if you are put off with any of the earlier books, like I was a bit after reading Scarlet, just keep going as I promise you it will get better.

 Overall Rating 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment